5 New Year’s Resolutions!
Every January 1st, people around the world get ready for the New Year. They think about the unknown year full of promise, or about where they’ve been and where they’re going. The possibilities seem endless, and people’s hopes are all written down in the famous New Year’s resolutions. Lose weight, read a book, learn how to… Yet nothing changes. 2007, 2008, and then 2009. With 2010 in front of us, here are some possible resolutions that can make this year revolutionary.
1. Conquer a Fear: don’t have limits just because they have been there for so long. You may think it’s too big of an obstacle to overcome, but you will never know until you try. We are called as Christians to trust in the God our Creator, so why not let go this year?
2. Help Someone Else: but not for the goose bumps or to get a good word in with karma. Besides the indescribable appreciation for your own life you get after helping the needy, you will never see yourself so clearly as when you look beyond the materialistic measurements of this world.
3. Discover a Passion: work as unto the Lord, right? So find to love all that you do. We are each called to a purpose, so find it! A jack-of-all-trades is an ace-of-none, and so many times, multitasking has us so thinly spread that we can’t excel in any one thing. So it’s time to wipe the table clean and focus. Sometimes doing everything keeps us from doing, in reality, anything we sincerely enjoy.
4. Learn Something New: this very well maybe the “read the book” resolution, but it could also mean learning something about yourself. Whether it is tracing ancestors along the family tree and finding a heritage you never knew, or learning that you can run a 5k, build a shelf, or bake a batch of cookies without Betty Crocker by your side, knowledge is power.
5. Find a Friend: the most important people in our lives are undoubtedly the ones we surround ourselves with. They tear us down, build us up, confront us, comfort us—ultimately, they change us.