Are College Fairs Important?

Heather Wroth, Staff Writer
November 10, 2011
Filed under Academics, Student Life

It’s not a big secret that college fairs give you the chance to talk to colleges and university admission officers, and get the scoop on everything from what they are looking for in a prospective candidate, to pertinent information on majors and career profiles.

Some students might say that the information can be found easily online by visiting those colleges’ websites. So, they raise the question: are college fairs really important? The answer is YES! College fairs not only give high school juniors and seniors, as well as underclassmen, the chance to learn more about schools they are interested in, but they get to discover new schools they didn’t know about.

On September 21, CCA hosted the annual Fort Lauderdale Christian College. Juniors and seniors were invited to attend to explore their options, and many took advantage of the offering. “It gives me an insight into various colleges and the information I need to make a wise decision, plus…I get free pens!” said junior, Melissa Longoria.

For those who missed this past college fair, be sure to attend the next one coming to CCA on March 7, 2012. Remember: these events are created for the convenience of students, parents, and high school counselors, who are your best allies to prepare you for life after high school.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!