Beyond All That We Ask or Think

Jessica Matthews, Managing Editor
February 3, 2009
Filed under Commentary, Editor's Note, Top Stories

Every mountain climb begins with an initial step, and though we seldom comprehend the significance of such a seemingly small step right from the start, retrospect gradually clarifies our understanding. As we glimpse toward the base of the mountain and realize how far we have climbed, we begin to comprehend from where we have come, and thus attain increased motivation to discover where we are going.

Such is the case with this publication. When Lauren Kostoff, Ashley Williams and I first met with our Editor-in-Chief, Mrs. Maritza Cosano Gomez last year, I am not sure any of us realized the extent to which God would nurture and bless the CCA Weekly. This year, I have watched as our publication team has grown to include a total of eight students—incredibly hardworking, accountable students at that. I have been awe-inspired by Mrs. Gomez, whose constant perseverance to the publication and to the students has truly been blessed by God. And now, as the Weekly develops into the online newspaper, The Messenger, I can only praise “Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.”

This is not simply a school publication: this is God at work. Technology and journalism has a tremendous impact on today’s society, and CCA is stepping into this forum to declare Christ’s truth. This newspaper will now reach people around the world, and will include sections for News, Sports, Fine Arts, Student Life and Commentary, as well as opportunities to increase interaction between the paper and its readers. Christ is working through students now to lay the foundation for journalists in years to come, and I know He will continue to lead The Messenger to undreamed-of heights.

We may not be able to see the impact every interview or article will have on this side of Heaven, but we can trust in the fact that as these student journalists continue to excavate and disseminate truth, God has a plan. And so, without further adieu, I pray that you enjoy The Messenger. 

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!